Skip to main content

Skin MD Shielding Lotion review

I was offered Skin MD Shielding lotion for review. It took me a few weeks to decide whether to take it or not. I always read the inci first:

Deionized water (Aqua)
Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (Aloe Vera)
Cyclopentasiloxane
Dimethicone
Methyl Gluceth-20
Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)
Arnica Montana Flower Extract (Arnica)
Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract (Comfrey)
Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract (Chamomile)
Achillea Millefolium Extract (Yarrow)
Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer
1,2 Hexanediol
Caprylyl Glycol
Butylene Glycol
Aminomethyl Propanol
Phenoxyethanol

The product is fragrance, colorant & paraben free.



The reason I got interested is folllowing text, bacause I've really noticed the same with my own skin. I used to use the most heavy & oily creams and my skin was still SO DRY and cracked, now I'm using just moisturizing gels and gel-creams and my skin is not even dry!

"Conventional lotions only add artificial moisture to the skin temporarily alleviating the dryness or itching, but these moisturizers don't actually solve the problem, they only treat symptoms without eliminating the cause. Dry skin is unable to absorb the newly added moisture to allow repair – it does not get "locked" into the skin. It gets lost easily. That’s why we keep applying more and more of the conventional lotions. Even so, skin easily gets addicted and may even suspend production of it's own moisture, relying on added moisturizer."

"While we were researching and testing the formulation one of the most exciting new ingredients to come out in years was released to the cosmetic industry. Glycerin has been the standard against which all humectants are measured. This new substance has a moisturizing factor 6 times higher than glycerin. "


When I got this, I had terrible flu (have it still :/) and weather started to get really_cold. I tried this first on my entire face but unfortunately I'm now 100% certain that my face doesn't tolerate silicones. It's really quite rare, if you can use "normal" products without big problems, you should have no problem with silicones! I really didn't find even foundation suitable for my skin, before I found minerals.

The lotion felt very nice and cooling (nothing extreme, very nice feeling), not creasy at all and it's suitable even for oilier skins, I think. For dry skin, it might take a little time to get used to this and maybe you need to re-apply often in the beginning. Formula is gel-cream, very light and refreshing.

I was really quite sad it didn't work on my face. But I still noticed that worked wonders under my nose, where the skin was cracked. I have used it since and my skin is in perfect condition! I will most definitely use this on my kids too, when their skin gets dry. I've tried Shielding lotion on them already but didn't notice the difference because their skins are in very condition in the moment. I have used this also as a hand cream and it feels "shielding" :)

I don't really know where you can find this product yet, but at least Pharmacy2U (UK) sells this and the price is 14.49 GBP. If you live in US, you can find the store locator from here. There is also a version with SPF 15.

Summa summarum: I REALLY liked this and can recommend it! I can't use it on my entire face but I have a really difficult skin (no silicones, no silica, no mineral oils, no lanolin, no honey, not even some natural oils like jojoba... and the list is still growing). It healed my cracked skin very quickly and didn't feel creasy or sticky at all. I'll in fact tell about this product to my local pharmacy :)

*tulossa suomeksi, kunhan kuulen että tämä on saatavilla täältäkin :)*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ihania uutuuksia Beautykolta

No niin, olen takaisin! On ollut kiireiset opiskeluajat ohi ja ehdin taas bloggaillakin. Instasta löydyn yritykseni tililtä, siellä on sekaisin töitä, kosmetiikkaa ja elämääni. Laita seuraantaan jos kiinnostaa: www.instagram.com/voimistaja . Seuraan seuraajia :) Mutta asiaan, olen tosiaan aivan ihastunut korealaiseen kosmetiikkaan ja löytäessäni Beautykon nettikaupan , on tullut taas vähän shoppailtua ihan Suomestakin käsin. Kaukoidän reissuilta näitä olenkin kantanut melkoisesti. Tuotteet on ihan itse ostettu ja lämpimästi suosittelen! Eyenlip on edullinen mutta laadukas merkki. Naamioista on jäljellä vielä tämä kosteuttava Hyaluronic acid: oikein miellyttävä käytössä ja tuoksuu taivaalliselta. Hinta ei päätä huimaa! 1,60€/ kpl ja löytyy useita erilaisia, pakettitarjouksena 10,45€/ 7 kpl. HolikaHolika on myös lempparimerkkejäni ja nämä hoitovedet ovat ihan mahtavat! Käytän ennen seerumia. Kosteuttava sininen on suosikkini mutta Vita virkistää kivasti aamulla, eli ei

Colored contact lenses - Freshlook Dimensions Caribbean Aqua

Sain Lenstorelta piilarit testiin ja mukava oli testata välillä värillisiäkin! En osannut itse päättää väriä, joten annoin Lenstoren valita :D Testiin tuli Freshlook Dimensions-linssit Caribbean Aqua-värissä. Linssit olivat väriltään yllättävänkin tummat, tummemmat reunoiltaan kuin keskeltä, omat silmäni ovat todella vaaleat. " FreshLook Dimensions värjätyt piilolinssit / kuukausilinssit CIBA Visionilta tehostavat ja vahvistavat silmien vaaleaa luonnollista sävyä. Piilolinssit soveltuvat sini-, harmaa- ja vihreäsilmäisille (tummasilmäisille suosittelemme FreshLook Colors tai FreshLook ColorBlends -malleja). Tummempi rengas iiriksen ympärillä lisää katseesi intensiivisyyttä (katso kuva ohessa). Huomioi, että väritulos riippuu omien silmiesi väristä, emmekä täten voi täydellisesti taata toivottua väritulosta. Linssit otetaan silmistä ja puhdistetaan ennen nukkumaanmenoa, otetaan käyttöön jälleen seuraavana aamuna ja korvataan uusilla kuukauden käytön kuluttua." Lensstore.fi

Mineral makeup mutiny!

Please join in Mineral makeup mutiny! "We will be providing lists of companies who are actually creating their own product, companies that offer both, and companies that are repackaging." And that great because it's sometimes hard to tell, especially if you have just started with MMU. Or just don't have same color already. Some companies I know are making their own mineral makeup: - Aromaleigh - The She Space - Meow - Fyrinnae - Dreamworld - mum mum's crafts - Sassy Minerals - LaurEss - Alima - Morgana minerals - Beautiful girl minerals - Everyday minerals - Lily Lolo - Elemental Beauty - Cory - SilkNaturals - Suds n sass - HiFi Cosmetics - Purely Cosmetics -Archetype -Evil Shades -Stardust Cosmetics (Stardust sells also "unblended pigments" and those colors are marked with *) -and MANY more :) For now on I'll always read what the company tells in their website! Do they really tell that products are formulated by the themselves or do they just "