Skip to main content

Giovanni haircare review

About a year ago my friend (with perfect hair :D) told me about Giovanni Haircare products. I was so sure that it wasn't possible to find good hair conditioner without silicone. And now I'm glad I was wrong! Giovanni products are not sold in Finland but you can buy these from iHerb (if you make your first order, you can get -5% with my discount code BAC791) and I also buy these from SaSa (Hong Kong).

My hair type: fine short hair & sensitive scalp. I wash my hair daily. I don't want use silicone based hair conditoners (small amout silicone is ok, preferably without any) but I want conditioner that really makes my hair silky and VERY detangled. Some Giovanni products contain silicones.


GIOVANNI SHAMPOOS:

Magnetic Energizing shampoo: looks like liquid metal... "Lather into wet hair for 30 seconds. Feel the power?" I sure feel something and that is NOT nice! I have sensitive scalp so I can't use this very often. I do like the results though, my hair feels so strong after using this. Lathers well.

Tea Tree Triple Treat: smells weird (could tea tree oil ever smell good? :D) but my hair seems to like this one! My hair feels clean and leaves my hair soft, not too dry. Contains eucalyptus & peppermint, so maybe not for everyday use. Lathers well.

50:50 balanced shampoo: This is ok for my hair but maybe a bit too drying... Lathers well.

Smooth as silk shampoo: Too creamy and doesn't lather so well. I didn't like this one!

Summa summarum: Many nice shampoos but not for daily use if your scalp is very sensitive! Urtekram Children's shampoo rocks ;)

GIOVANNI CONDITIONERS:

Smooth as silk conditioner: I thought there could not be better conditioner than this! Very good, makes my hair so silky and soft. I think this works well in very dry and damaged hair too.

50:50 balanced conditioner: And this was the better one :D Thank you Lyndsey! I so glad I tried this one. This is not as "heavy" as smooth as silk but really works in my hair. My HG conditioner, I absolutely love this.

"Balance. It's half of this and half of that. The perfect mix, the perfect match. That's what you'll get with 50:50 Balanced Hydrating-Calming Conditioner. Ideal for reawakening dry hair to the wonders of moisture, this conditioner works its magic on a daily basis. A blend of organic ingredients and protection factors make dull hair the life of the party. Shine says glow for it." Descripition is from iHerb.


Noin vuosi sitten ystäväni, jolla täydelliset hiukset, kertoi minulle Giovanni Haircare-tuotteista. Olin silloin melko vakuuttunut, ettei kunnolllista silikonitonta hoitoainetta voi löytyä ja nyt tiedän olleeni väärässä :D Tuotteita ei myydä Suomessa mutta iHerbistä näitä saa edullisilla kuluilla tilattua tännekin (koodillani BAC791 saa ekasta tilauksestaan -5%). Itse ostan näitä mys SaSasta HongKongista ja firma ainakin toimitti näitä Suomeenkin mutta heillä postikulut ovat melkoisen hurjat nykyään.

Hiukseni: Hennot, lätistyvät ja pituus leukaan saakka. Herkkä hiuspohja ja pesen päivittäin. En halua käyttää silikoniin perustuvia hoitoaineita (pieni määrä ok, vaikkakin milummin ilman sitäkin) mutta haluan hoitoaineen todella selvittävän. Tukkani on märkänä aika takkuuntuva. Osa Giovannin tuotteista sisältää silikonia.

SHAMPOOT:

Magnetic Energizing shampoo: Näyttää metalliselta... "Lather into wet hair for 30 seconds. Feel the power?" Ja jotain ihme kihelmöintiä tosiaan tunsinkin enkä todellakaan pitänyt siitä! Herkälle päänahalle ei sovi ainakaan jatkuvaan käyttöön. Pidän kyllä lopputuloksesta: hiukset ovat jotenkin voimakkaan oloiset. Vaahtoaa hyvin.

Tea Tree Triple Treat: Outo haju (voiko teepuuöljy koskaan tuoksua hyvältä :D) mutta tukka näyttää tykkäävän tästä. Hiusket ovat hyvin pestyt mutta eivät yhtään liian kuivat. Sisältää mm. piparminttua ja eucalyptusta, ei siis päivittäiseen käyttöön ainakaan herkkäihoisille. Vaahtoaa hyvin.

50:50 balanced shampoo: Ihan ok mutta tukka tuli oikein narskuvan puhtaaksi, josta taas en tykkää. Vaahtoaa hyvin.

Smooth as silk shampoo: Liian paksu koostumus eikä vaahtoa niin hyvin, ainetta kuluu liikaa. En tykännyt tästä.

Summa summarum: Monta ihan kivaa sampoota mutta varsinkin herkälle päänahalla vähän tujun puoleisia. Urtekramin Children's shampoo rocks ;)

HOITOAINEET:

Smooth as silk conditioner: Luulin, ettei tätä parempaa hoitoainetta voisi löytyä! Erittäin hyvä ja tekee hiuksista hyvin hoidetut, silkkiset ja selvitetyt. Toiminee hyvin myös todella kuivissa/huonokuntoisissa hiuksissa.

50:50 balanced conditioner: Ja tässä se vielä parempi hoitoaine :D Vinkin sain blogia lukevalta Lyndseytä. Olen niin iloinen, että testasin tätä (vaikka Smooth as silkiä pidinkin jo ihan täydellisenä). Tämä ei tee hiuksia niin raskaiksi ja hoidetuiksi mutta minun hiustyypilleni ihan täydelllinen. HG-hoitoaineeni, aivan ihana <3


Comments

  1. Thanks for the reviews of all the shampoos, I haven't tried the Magnetic Energizing shampoo yet. I have always had a hard time with the smell of tea tree oil. I was always amazed by the 50:50 balanced, I've been using it for years. It is not gloppy, sorta thin, yet your hair combs through so nice, not heavy yet very conditioning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smooth as silk is very nice too but it's definitely heavier. 50:50 balanced is just perfect :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Giovanni makes a fabulous leave in conditioner, mousse and a roof lifter as well.

    I have very very fine hair that is like spider webs, so most products weigh it down and make it look horrible.

    Sulfates are on the big NO! list for me because I am so so sensitive to them, so Giovanni has been a life saver for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoyden: Need to try those too later! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am moving to Sweden from. The US. Am a longtime fan of GiovNni. Do u k ow where i can buy their products in Sverige???
    Thanx much, ladies!!!i

    ReplyDelete
  6. ........speaking of mineral mkup.....have u ever tried Larenim????? We sell it in the health food store i work in. I hv tried many but this one is amazing. Pure and really clean they also have gorgeous shadows. I think the site is: Larenim. com. Ttyl. Have a great day!
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Claudia!

    I'm not sure if Giovanni products are sold in Sweden, I think not... But you can order those from iHerb :)

    I haven't tried Larenim, if fact I shouldn't try anything anymore :D I just have too much. LOL I'll check that site later, of course ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please leave a message, comment, opinion!

Popular posts from this blog

Ihania uutuuksia Beautykolta

No niin, olen takaisin! On ollut kiireiset opiskeluajat ohi ja ehdin taas bloggaillakin. Instasta löydyn yritykseni tililtä, siellä on sekaisin töitä, kosmetiikkaa ja elämääni. Laita seuraantaan jos kiinnostaa: www.instagram.com/voimistaja . Seuraan seuraajia :) Mutta asiaan, olen tosiaan aivan ihastunut korealaiseen kosmetiikkaan ja löytäessäni Beautykon nettikaupan , on tullut taas vähän shoppailtua ihan Suomestakin käsin. Kaukoidän reissuilta näitä olenkin kantanut melkoisesti. Tuotteet on ihan itse ostettu ja lämpimästi suosittelen! Eyenlip on edullinen mutta laadukas merkki. Naamioista on jäljellä vielä tämä kosteuttava Hyaluronic acid: oikein miellyttävä käytössä ja tuoksuu taivaalliselta. Hinta ei päätä huimaa! 1,60€/ kpl ja löytyy useita erilaisia, pakettitarjouksena 10,45€/ 7 kpl. HolikaHolika on myös lempparimerkkejäni ja nämä hoitovedet ovat ihan mahtavat! Käytän ennen seerumia. Kosteuttava sininen on suosikkini mutta Vita virkistää kivasti aamulla, eli ei

Colored contact lenses - Freshlook Dimensions Caribbean Aqua

Sain Lenstorelta piilarit testiin ja mukava oli testata välillä värillisiäkin! En osannut itse päättää väriä, joten annoin Lenstoren valita :D Testiin tuli Freshlook Dimensions-linssit Caribbean Aqua-värissä. Linssit olivat väriltään yllättävänkin tummat, tummemmat reunoiltaan kuin keskeltä, omat silmäni ovat todella vaaleat. " FreshLook Dimensions värjätyt piilolinssit / kuukausilinssit CIBA Visionilta tehostavat ja vahvistavat silmien vaaleaa luonnollista sävyä. Piilolinssit soveltuvat sini-, harmaa- ja vihreäsilmäisille (tummasilmäisille suosittelemme FreshLook Colors tai FreshLook ColorBlends -malleja). Tummempi rengas iiriksen ympärillä lisää katseesi intensiivisyyttä (katso kuva ohessa). Huomioi, että väritulos riippuu omien silmiesi väristä, emmekä täten voi täydellisesti taata toivottua väritulosta. Linssit otetaan silmistä ja puhdistetaan ennen nukkumaanmenoa, otetaan käyttöön jälleen seuraavana aamuna ja korvataan uusilla kuukauden käytön kuluttua." Lensstore.fi

Mineral makeup mutiny!

Please join in Mineral makeup mutiny! "We will be providing lists of companies who are actually creating their own product, companies that offer both, and companies that are repackaging." And that great because it's sometimes hard to tell, especially if you have just started with MMU. Or just don't have same color already. Some companies I know are making their own mineral makeup: - Aromaleigh - The She Space - Meow - Fyrinnae - Dreamworld - mum mum's crafts - Sassy Minerals - LaurEss - Alima - Morgana minerals - Beautiful girl minerals - Everyday minerals - Lily Lolo - Elemental Beauty - Cory - SilkNaturals - Suds n sass - HiFi Cosmetics - Purely Cosmetics -Archetype -Evil Shades -Stardust Cosmetics (Stardust sells also "unblended pigments" and those colors are marked with *) -and MANY more :) For now on I'll always read what the company tells in their website! Do they really tell that products are formulated by the themselves or do they just "